Journal of Social Work Education, Research and Action
Social Work Education, Research and Action (SWERA)is the official journal of the National Association of Professional Social Workers in India (NAPSWI). It is peers reviewed refereed Quarterly Journal designed to share and disseminate knowledge and promote exchange in the fields of social work, research, and community action programs. SWERA aims at advancing the theory, bridging the gap between theory and practice, and developing the indigenous knowledge for the fraternity. It provides a platform to educators, researchers, practitioners of social work for publishing their innovative ideas in the form of articles, research papers, and book reviews. SWERA is published triannual (thrice in a year).
Manuscript Submission Guidelines
Before submitting the manuscript, authors are advised to ensure that they have carefully read and observed the following guidelines:
- A Full-length article/paper submission must be in English, typed in MS-Word in Times New Roman with font size 12 and not more than 7,000 words in length and double-spaced throughout including tables, diagrams, illustrations, references, etc.
- An abstract of not more than 100 words describing the article’s main findings and conclusions must be included along with 3-5 keywords.
- In addition, the journal is interested in brief notes of up to 2,000 words, on topics such as reports of research in progress, examples of unresolved problems, descriptions of policy, and current programs that would be of interest to the social work fraternity.
- Bibliographical references should be arranged alphabetically and given at the end of the text in the APA Referencing Style (Latest Edition) only.
- The name of Principal/First Author and authorship order (in case of two or more authors) should be based on the substantive contribution of the individuals involved, regardless of their status as per the ‘International Standards for Authors’.
- All contributors who do not meet the criteria for authorship should be listed in an ‘Acknowledgements’ section. Any such acknowledgment should appear first at the end of the article prior to references.
- Authors must furnish the full contact details including name, designation, affiliating institution. The details of the Corresponding Author including e-mail ID, mailing address, and contact number should be presented separately to the main text of the article/paper.
- All papers must be submitted through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manuscripts not conforming to the above guidelines will be rejected.
- SWERAobserves to a rigorous review policy in which a duly constituted Committee will review the submitted article/papers and reserves the right to edit the materials and/or ask for modifications and resubmission of the same. Information regarding acceptance/rejection will be communicated to the authors subsequently.
NAPSWI is committed to the highest academic, professional, legal, and ethical standards in publishing in SWERA and takes the issues of copyright infringement, plagiarism, or other breaches of best practice in publication very seriously. It seeks to protect the reputation of the journal against malpractice. Hence, submitted articles will be checked with duplication-checking software. Where an article is found to have plagiarised other work or included third-party copyright material without permission or with insufficient acknowledgment or where the authorship of the article is contested, While SWERA reserves the right to take action including taking up the matter with the head of the institution/department or dean of the author’s institution and/or relevant academic bodies or societies; banning the author from publication in the SWERA or appropriate legal action, the authors shall be held solely responsible for any consequential outcomes, damages, compensation in any form. Any correspondence, queries or requests for additional information with regard to a manuscript submission should be sent to the editorial office, whereas other queries can be directed to Managing Editor.
Prof. R.B.S. Verma
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.